The claim for tax credits is treated as being made on the date she claimed asylum (12th May 2008).

Zabia claimed asylum as a refugee on 28th September 2008 and was granted refugee status on 10th April 2012.

I have been finding it difficult at the Jobcentre when I go into sign on. You must be caring for someone who has in payment or is waiting to hear about a claim for, D.

allowance backdating-85

Who has either Attendance Allowanceor the middle or high rate care component of Disability Living Allowanceor Constant Attendance Allowanceof 66.40 or over (Part of War Disablement Pension or Industrial Injuries) and from April 2013 the Daily Living Component of Personal Independence Payment(PIP).

You do not have to be related to this person, or living with them.

If you are actually paid ANY Carers Allowance the person you care for will not receive the Severe Disability Premium (61.85 wkly) in their Income Support (I. It also gives you a class one National Insurance Credit and a second State Pension. If your partner earns over 36.55 weekly you will be unable to have an addition for them, no new additions allowed after April 2010, if your partner earns over 220 in any week you lose an addition for one child, and for each 29 over this amount you lose for another child. Rules allow breaks in care of up to 12 weeks within any six month period without you losing payment of C. Up to 4 weeks can be for any temporary breaks in care, such as holidays or respite care, during this 4 week temporary break in care you are allowed to earn over the normal 110 weekly limit on earnings and not lose your C. The remaining 8 weeks allow for either the carer or the disabled person to undergo medical or other treatment as an in- patient in hospital.

S), Income Based Jobseekers, Pension Credit, Housing and Council Tax Benefits and Universal Credit. is not means tested and does not depend on your previous years National Insurance Contributions, it is taxable. if your earnings are over 110 weekly, after deducting Tax , National Insurance, half of any contribution you make towards an occupational or personal pension, and up to half your net earning if you pay someone other than a close relative to care for the disabled person or your child under sixteen.

Claim on 0800 0 55 66 88 or by using form A1 available from Benefits Agencies............................................................................................. From what you say you could lose your mother 61.85 weekly (The Severe Disability Premium) by claiming Carers Allowance and you would only gain 34.60 (The Carer Premium) seek advice 01387 266 888 for possible ways round this rule.

S as a carer now regardless of whether you have claimed CA or not. Do not claim until you and your mother have a benefit check done.

Faizah claimed asylum as a refugee on 12th May 2008 and was granted refugee status on 10th April 2012.

She applies for tax credits on 8th May 2012 (within one month).

She applies for tax credits on 29th May 2012 (more than one month after notification of her refugee status).